Sunday, November 13, 2005

Engaged and Detached

Things are not panning out for the Pakistan domes. Also, due to family commitments, I will be heading to the US for 6 weeks on Nov. 20, leaving Pakistan for later in the year.

...There are other projects taking form upon my return in India...Although honestly, I'm a bit "projected" out.

My initial in-depth trip to India a few years was organic and had little agenda; comparing it to this time, I learned and felt so much more then. Of course this is due to several factors...but essentially, I am slowly realizing how the busy-ness of sharply focused plans takes away from simply being and learning/acting with depth... without biases.

If at all my actions and mind stabalize, I will complete the thesis work in the next few months and leave the remaining time in India/Pakistan/wherever else without an agenda. ...like the several lotuses i've seen this week, a balance between being fully engaged and detached is appealing.

3 comments:

Jos said...

Dear Dipti,

hi, how are things in the good old US of A? Culture shock? :-)

I just read the spam comments to this posting.. annoying eh?
You can put a block on it by:
1. Go to your settings
2. Click on COMMENTS
3. Change "Show word verification for comments?" to "Yes".
No more spam! :-)

I read your last posting as well... sounds like you need to take a break from things...
Are you sure you still want to come to Zanskar...?

Enjoy yourself and good luck the coming weeks.

Lots of love,

Jos

dipti vaghela said...

Thanks for the tip, Jos!

...Zanskar, Pakistan, Orissa are still all in mind and heart...even more being in the bubble here.

priyums said...

Dipti,
Where are you? Your number?

priyums